1. Soya wax is naturally derived from soya beans. Soya oil is separated form soya beans through process hydrogenation. Soya oil is treated with hydrogen solution, which causes oil to solidify and create wax. Soya wax is non-toxic and is either 100% natural or a combination of non-soya oil like other vegetable products, which also means it is environmentally friendly and does not harm health. As it meets several requirements under federal regulations that classify it as clean-burning wax. It is colorless and typically appears opaque.
Whereas on the other hand Paraffin waxes are actually petroleum based and are created using crude oil which is extracted from the earth. On a molecular level, crude oil is a mixture of hydrocarbons that were created from the decomposition of plants and animals that lived under water many years ago. Once extracted, crude oil is sent to refineries where it is then turned into finished products like lubricating oil. It is from the lube oil refining process that paraffin waxes are created.
2. Soya wax candles burn clean, whereas paraffin wax candles are petroleum based and emit dark black soot which can stain walls, curtains and carpets.
3. Soya wax does not release dangerous carcinogens into the air like paraffin wax when melted. Burning or melting paraffin releases at least 11 known toxins—two of which are carcinogens—into the air. Carcinogens are known to cause cancer in some people.
4. Soybeans from which soy wax is derived is environmentally friendly, because soybeans are a renewable resource. Whereas paraffin wax comes from petroleum, which is a non-renewable resource. Health wise soy wax is the best option especially if you are pregnant, have kids, or pets.
5. Soy wax candles are more cost-effective as they burn more evenly, so less wax is left clinging to the sides of the glass as waste.
6.Unlike paraffin, soy wax has a low melting point. Which means, if accidentally while moving the burning candle wax spills over you, there is less risk of burn. Low melting point, also means that soy wax candles burn for more hours than paraffin wax candles.
7. Soy wax candles emit fragrance slowly and in a more soothing manner. Whereas paraffin wax candles emit fragrances mixed with toxics of its own, which makes it over powering and gives headaches.
NOTE- Kamseen candles are made from soya and other combinations of non soya plant based wax. Our candles are hand poured and we don't use paraffin wax in our candles, which is usually practiced by big brands.